FoodGrads is an Interactive Platform for Students, Graduates and Food & Beverage Industry Professionals.
Are you just starting out? Looking for advice on transitioning? Want to share your experience and knowledge on a part-time basis? See yourself as a trainer/mentor? Need advice on skill development or training? FoodGrads can help.
- What can I do with my degree in the Food & Beverage Industry?
- What’s the best advice for negotiating my first salary in the Food Industry?
- Does having a Masters Degree make a difference?
- I’m graduating with BSc Nutrition & Dietetics, what are my options in the Food & Beverage Industry?
- I can’t choose between Nutrition/Dietitian and Food Science, what’s your advice?
- What courses should I take if I want to pursue a career in Regulatory Affairs/Food Labelling?
- I want to travel in my role, what are the best jobs in the Food & Beverage Industry that will allow me to travel?
- I’m currently studying biology. I’ve wanted to go into food science but I am not able to attend any school’s offering the program. Is it still possible for me to get into the food industry? If so what kinds of classes should I be taking?
- I just graduated in Culinary Nutrition Management, I do not want to work in an industrial kitchen, but I would still like to pursue a career within the culinary field. Do you have any suggestions?
- I am a recent graduate with a Masters degree in Food Technology. I have been trying to get a position in Food R&D by networking, interviewing and doing everything I can. However, the only positions I hear back from are in Quality. On one hand, I know I shouldn’t be picky, on the other hand I don’t wish to start my career in a field that doesn’t align with my goals. Should I stick with my ambitions in R&D, or take a position in Quality and move later?
- I’m an Engineer, what can I do with that in the Food & Beverage Industry?”
- I have worked in a restaurant as a chef for 5 years, I now have a family and need regular work hours. What are my options?
- I want to share my knowledge as a consultant, I’ve always enjoyed training others. Any ideas?
The FoodGrads team will provide feedback, AND we will ask our huge Food & Beverage community for their thoughts too!
Many people in the Food & Beverage Industry ‘fell’ into their role, we hear time and time again, it was never their career plan. Sharing these experiences and gaining perspectives from people in the industry WILL reinforce our core belief that there is something for EVERYONE in the Food & Beverage Industry!