Download Episode Here
This week’s podcast features someone who is not in the food industry. However what he lacks in that knowledge, he more than makes up for with his incredible advice on career success. It is for that reason I wanted to interview Pete Mockaitis. Pete is the host of the How to Be Awesome At Your Job podcast and a trainer and speaker on the improvement of collaboration, thinking and communication for individuals and teams in their work environments.
What We Cover
In this episode we talk about the three most common mistakes people make early in their career and how to avoid them. Pete describes “Answer First” Communication and why it is so important. He also talks about how he landed an internship at one of the four biggest consulting firms in North America, and why he left to follow his passion.
Whether you are just starting to think about your first career move, or contemplating where to go next and how to get there, you will find Pete’s advice helpful and actionable.
- Countering negative self-beliefs
- FEMPs and their usefulness
- How to deal with difficult work environments and when and how to leave
- Jason Nazar (CEO & Co-Founder of Comparably) and the only two questions that all self-help books boil down to
- The 5 Minute Journal by Intelligent Change
- What it would be like to have dinner with Jesus Christ, Tony Robbins & Benjamin Franklin at Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse in Chicago
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Influence, Science and Practice by Dr. Robert Caldini