The Ontario food and beverage processing sector is a critical contributor to Ontario’s provincial economy:
Why choose a career in Food & Beverage Processing?
- The sector generates $41 billion in revenue, provides over 130,000 direct jobs and exports $7.6 billion in product annually.
- The food and beverage processing sector generates another $24.1 billion in indirect economic impacts.
- Food and beverage processing revenues grew 5% from 2010 to 2012.
- There are close to 3,000 food and beverage processing businesses in the province.
- In 2012, food and beverage processors comprised the second largest manufacturing sector in terms of value of shipments and employment in Ontario.
- Ontario has the 2nd largest food and beverage manufacturing sector in North America.
- Food and beverage processing is the first customer to farmers, with Ontario-based food processors buying about 65% of food-related farm production from farmers.
- Food and beverage processing businesses and their impacts are distributed throughout the different regions of Ontario.
- The food and beverage processing sector is developing, new, high quality products that improve the health and wellbeing of people.
Economic Impact Study Report: Ontario Food and Beverage Processing Sector, MNP (see TasteYourFuture.ca)
Interested in a career in Food & Beverage? Join FoodGrads for FREE today! www.foodgrads.com
Would YOU like to learn how to get involved and become a FoodGrads Campus Ambassador? Great, we’d love to have you!
Do you have a question about a specific career path in Food & Beverage?
Please leave your comments below 🙂