The Ontario food and beverage processing sector is a critical contributor to Ontario’s provincial economy:
Why choose a career in Food & Beverage Processing?
- The sector generates $41 billion in revenue, provides over 130,000 direct jobs and exports $7.6 billion in product annually.
- The food and beverage processing sector generates another $24.1 billion in indirect economic impacts.
- Food and beverage processing revenues grew 5% from 2010 to 2012.
- There are close to 3,000 food and beverage processing businesses in the province.
- In 2012, food and beverage processors comprised the second largest manufacturing sector in terms of value of shipments and employment in Ontario.
- Ontario has the 2nd largest food and beverage manufacturing sector in North America.
- Food and beverage processing is the first customer to farmers, with Ontario-based food processors buying about 65% of food-related farm production from farmers.
- Food and beverage processing businesses and their impacts are distributed throughout the different regions of Ontario.
- The food and beverage processing sector is developing, new, high quality products that improve the health and wellbeing of people.
Economic Impact Study Report: Ontario Food and Beverage Processing Sector, MNP (see TasteYourFuture.ca)
Considering a career in food? Join FoodGrads to start your career in food. Our blog is a fantastic place to learn about different professions in food, ask questions directly to the Food & Beverage Industry, get advice from food industry recruiters and HR pros as well as hear stories from your peers and recent grads. Find out why the food industry is the best place to be!
To hear from the people who make up this industry don’t miss a single episode of #MyFoodJobRocks! podcast, hosted by Adam Yee. If you have any comments please feel free to leave them below or you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org