Name: Jennifer Gooch
Title: Quality Technologist
Company: Griffith Foods
Years worked in current role: 6
Years of experience in food industry: 6
In 300 characters or less describe your job:
I test finished goods (batters/seasoning/breading) to ensure they have the right appearance/taste/texture/chemical properties. I also help maintain our food safety program (inspect equipment & facility, train staff, investigate non-conformances) & quality program (develop specs, internal auditing)
What are the top 3 characteristics you need to be good at your job:
- Good communication
- Organization/attention to detail
- Curiosity/willingness to learn
Why did you decide to pursue a career in food?
I did my co-op term here and ended up loving the people, fast pace, opportunities for learning and growth, as well as the fact that it’s a very active, hands-on job.
What would be your best 3 advice tips for new grads starting out in their career:
- Be open to criticism and regularly ask for feedback on how you can do better
- Show that you are interested in learning – ask questions and take notes!
- Look for a workplace you feel comfortable in – consider things like how active a job is, how much responsibility you want to take on, whether you thrive with a lot of supervision or a more independent environment.
Tell us why your Food Job Rocks?
My food job rocks because I’m on a great team that works hard, has fun, and is focused on continuous improvement.
“Food is medicine”
Join us! Please send an email to Nicole@foodgrads.com and we’ll send you the questions OR go here for the questions, and just email your answers to us. Would you rather be interviewed? Send an email to email@example.com and speak with Adam Yee!
Let’s encourage and inspire a new generation of food industry professionals!